Pelleting Section - General Description
The MUZL 1210 is a sturdy, self-contained design, with a vee belt transmission, provided through a balanced twin drive system. The 1210 is an ideal press for pelleting a very wide range of materials and mixes. For pelleting less free-flowing products, such as sugar beet pulp, grass meal and extracted materials etc., the die speed can be varied if required.
The 1210 is easy to maintain and simple to operate. All these features combine into making the MUZL 1210 a universally adaptable machine whereby maximum reliability is provided under all working conditions.
The Muyang MUZL 1210 section is designed for:
- a vertically mounted ring die
- two press rolls
- a feeder/conditioner
The fabricated housing is designed to support two electric main drive motors, which together provide through vee belts and pulleys, to the drive to the rotor assembly. Hinged motor brackets are mounted on the housing to enable tensioning the vee belts and for maintaining their preset tension. The rotor, mounted on to the mainshaft runs on two self aligning spherical roller bearings.
The mainshaft is locked in the housing by means of a friction safety arrangement and can rotate only when the preset torque is exceeded. The correct torque is maintained by the oil pressure in a hydraulic system including the necessary valves and a manometer. Should the mainshaft rotate through overloading, the drive motors will be cut out and the mainshaft can be quickly and simply reset in its original position.
The rear roller plate is mounted on to the front of the mainshaft.
The press is fitted with an automatic individual lubrication system for greasing the three press rolls and the mainshaft bearings.
The pellet chamber which can be hinged to the left or the right is fitted with one or three adjustable cutting off knives.
For safety purposes, the press is fitted with microswitches which close down the power supply to the main drive motors during access to the machine.
The MUZL 1210 section incorporates:
- welded steel, tension free housing with hinged motor brackets
- vee belt drive transmission with an adjustable vee belt tensioning system, pulleys and one set of vee belts per motor
- mainshaft with rear roll support plate with roll shafts and scrapers (the rear roller plate is made with tapered recesses which firmly lock the two rolls in position)
- front support plate with two roll adjusters for accurate adjustment of the rolls
- two deflectors of a patented design, which ensure an even distribution of the feed to the two press rolls
Muyang MUZL 1210 with DDC Feeder/Conditioner
- rotor with bearings and with replaceable die driving rim
- set of die holding bolts
- die feed cone with bayonet fittings and holding bolts
- adjustable overload protection system with friction disc safety arrangement
- central electric grease lubrication system with grease container (filled with grease) and relief valve
- manometer for lubrication grease pressure
- container with oil for the hydraulic system
- four bolt holes for anchoring purposes
- eyebolts for slinging purposes
- speed safety sensor with transmitter, to protect vee belts from damage due to belt slip
- connection box for electrical wiring
- pelleting chamber with sampling trap and feed chute in stainless steel
- by-pass valve in the feed chute
- one or three cutting off knives, adjustable while the press is in operation
- safety microswitches
MAIN DRIVE MOTORS:
The motors are a matched pair of T.E.F.C. Squirrel Cage, 90 kw, 1450 rpm, Frame size D280S.
The motors are a matched pair of T.E.F.C. Squirrel Cage, 110 kw, 1450 rpm, Frame size D280M.
One motor has its connection box to the left of its housing, the other motor has its connection box to the right of its housing.
The motor is a 0.55 kw, 750 rpm
Frame size 3 AP 90L-8
HOLDING CAPACITIES OF OIL AND GREASE UNITS:
Grease Reservoir – 7.5 kg
Hydraulic Oil Container – 22 Litres